Scope and Consent
Collection of Personal Information
We collect the following types of personal information in order to provide you with the use of Africa Prepay Transfer Services, and to help us personalize and improve your experience.
Information we collect automatically
When you use Africa Prepay Transfer Services, we collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone or other access device. The information sent to us includes, but is not limited to, the following: data about the pages you access, computer IP address, device ID or unique identifier, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, mobile network information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, and standard web log data and other information.
Information you provide to us
We may collect and store any information you provide us when you use Africa Prepay Transfer Services, including when you add information on our website, mobile platform, add or update your account information, or dispute resolutions, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding Africa Prepay Transfer Services.
When you use Africa Prepay Transfer Services, we also collect information about your transactions and your activities. In addition, if you open a Africa Prepay Transfer account or use Africa Prepay Transfer Services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone, email and other similar information.
- Financial information, such as the full bank account numbers and/or credit card numbers that you save to your Africa Prepay Transfer account or give us when you use Africa Prepay Transfer Services.
- Detailed personal information such as your date of birth or national ID number or any other recognized national government ID.
We may also collect information from or about you from other sources, such as through your contact with us, including our customer support team, your results when you respond to a survey, your interactions with related Africa Prepay Transfer Services or other companies (subject to their privacy policies and applicable law), and from other accounts we have reason to believe you control (whether in part or in whole). Additionally, for quality and training purposes or for its own protection, Africa Prepay may monitor or record its telephone conversations with you or anyone acting on your behalf. By communicating with Africa Prepay, you acknowledge that your communication may be overheard, monitored, or recorded without further notice or warning.
Information from other sources
We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services.
Authentication and Fraud Detection
In order to help protect you from fraud and misuse of your personal information, we may collect information about you and your interactions with Africa Prepay Transfer Services. We may also evaluate your computer, mobile phone or other access device to identify any malicious software or activity.
Using Your Mobile Device
When you download or use our mobile applications, or access one of our mobile optimized sites, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based Africa Prepay Transfer services. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device’s setting’s menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacture of your particular device.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide Africa Prepay Transfer Services and customer support;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- verify your identity, including during account creation and password reset processes;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- manage risk, or to detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- detect, prevent or remediate violations of policies or applicable user agreements;
- improve the Africa Prepay Transfer Services by customizing your user experience;
- measure the performance of the Africa Prepay Transfer Services and improve their content and layout;
- manage and protect our information technology infrastructure;
- provide targeted marketing and advertising, provide service update notices, and deliver promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- contact you at any telephone number, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging, as authorized by our User Agreement;
- perform creditworthiness and solvency checks, compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
We may contact you via electronic means or postal mail to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, or as otherwise necessary to service your account. Additionally, we may contact you to offer coupons, discounts and promotions, and inform you about Africa Prepay Transfer Services and the services of our corporate family. Finally, we may contact you as necessary to enforce our policies, applicable law, or any agreement we may have with you. Where applicable and permitted by law, you may decline to receive certain communications. We do not provide your personal information to third parties without your consent.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your personal information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize Africa Prepay Transfer Services, content, and advertising.
When you access our website, mobile platform, applications or use Africa Prepay Transfer Services, we (including companies we work with) may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be cookies, pixel tags, e-tags, “Flash cookies,” or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications (collectively “Cookies”). We use these technologies to recognize you as a customer; customize Africa Prepay Transfer Services, content, and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness; help ensure that your account security is not compromised; mitigate risk and prevent fraud; and to promote trust and safety across our websites, mobile platform, applications and Africa Prepay Transfer Services.
You are free to decline our Cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, unless our Cookies are required to prevent fraud or ensure the security of websites we control. However, declining our Cookies may interfere with your use of our website, mobile platform, applications and Africa Prepay Transfer Services.
How We Protect and Store Personal Information
How You Can Access or Change Your Personal Information